I love soup, but I have to be honest – I have never thought about it as a snack. But why not? This Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup is low calorie and will fill us up so that we don’t eat other snacks that may not be good for us. Or over-eat at meal time! A study showed that people who started meals with soup ate 30% less food. Makes sense to me 🙂 I like that this one also has very little prep time – I am all about good food for less time 🙂
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup green cabbage, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, and heat.
- Place carrot, onion and garlic in saucepan. Sauté vegetables over low heat for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add broth, cabbage, spinach, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt. Bring saucepan to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in zucchini, and cook 3-4 minutes.
We found this recipe ad picture over on WeightWatchers.com
Make sure to let us know if you try this one…Marlene has tested it and enjoys it!