I know the weather is starting to warm up everywhere, but I honestly love soup any time of the year. Especially when it is delicious and Weight Watchers Approved! This Potato Soup recipe is surprising low-cal and filling. There is 3 points per serving due to the ham (2 points without) – but ham is a power food, so if you are following the program where power foods don’t count, then go ahead and take that into consideration! I am working on paying attention to my Power Foods!
- 1 bag hash browns (plain) – I used the ones in the refrigerated section, but you can also use the frozen
- 2 14 ounce cans non-fat chicken broth
- 1 10-3/4 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced ham – I got the 97% fat free Virginia Ham from the Deli
- 1 – 8 oz pkg lowfat cream cheese
- 1 cup fat free milk
- Add all the ingredients expect the milk and cream cheese to the crock pot
- Let cook for at least 2 hours (I had mine in for about 4 because I was out and about)
- Add cream cheese, and cook until cream cheese is mixed into soup well (approx 30 min – 1 hour)
- Add in milk and cook until heated throughout – at least 15 minutes
Make sure to let us know if you try this Weight Watchers Approved Easy Potato Soup Recipe – my husband and kids even ate it! Which is always a plus in my house 🙂
You may have seen this recipe over on my other site, Having Fun Saving, it was a hit with my readers there too!