As you may know, I am interested in using food to heal my body and nourish it. So, I created a Strawberry Spinach Smoothie Recipe that I hope you all enjoy as much as I do! I have recently started using coconut oil because I have heard it is really good for you–specifically have heard it can be used as an energy booster and pain reliever. So I decided to try it in my morning smoothie and boy was I pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy it! It adds such a nice, light coconut flavor ( I also think it makes the smoothie seem smoother!). I used almond milk with 5x protein and cinnamon is also known as an anti-inflammatory so I figured why not? Feel free to play around with the fruits/veggies you choose. Such a great way to start your day on a healthy footing!
- 1 cup of almond milk (you could use coconut, soy to cows milk)
- three or four large frozen strawberries
- medium banana
- tablespoon coconut oil (melted in microwave for 30 seconds)
- one half a cup fresh spinach (could substitute kale)
- teaspoon cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Make sure to let us know if you try this Strawberry Spinach Smoothie recipe – we would love to hear how you liked it 🙂