Is there anyone out there that doesn’t love Alfredo Sauce? I know I do, but I hate that the main ingredients are heavy cream and butter. One thing that always grossed me was that when you have leftovers and warm them up – you would see the separation of butter. It just made me think that I was eating a bowl of butter – yuck!
SO, I found us a SKINNY of that beloved sauce! I shared this over on my other site too and I have received great feedback, so I hope you all like it too!
I love my pasta…and while it may not be the healthiest meal choice for us…I do use the pasta with veggies, whole grain pasta…and I just saw Quinoa spaghetti noodles the last time I was at Publix – so that is another option for us too 🙂
Top your pasta with veggies for added flavor – roasted red peppers, mushrooms, etc!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- optional - ground pepper for taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the garlic and saute until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute
- Add in the flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute
- Stir/whisk in the milk and ¾ teaspoon salt
- Stir constantly until just thickened - approx 3 minutes
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until well blended and cheese is melted - approx 2-3 minutes
- Serve over your favorite pasta - use quinoa noodles to save those extra carbs!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Loaded Guacamole BLTs by Better in Bulk
- Skinny Alfredo Sauce by Our Healthy Life Journey
- Creamy Homemade Mac N Cheese Spirals by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Tropical Smoothies with Chia Seeds by Around My Family Table
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
I hope you enjoy these 15 Minute Suppers! Do you have a favorite 15 minute meal? I would love for you to share it with us!