I am working with Produce for Kids on my other blog, and they emailed me a wonderful list of recipes and when I saw this Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushroom recipe, I knew I had to post it here 🙂 You all know that I have just started my love of Quinoa, but it is a definite favorite of my moms 🙂
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups Fresh Express® baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 Portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- 3 Tbsp. Marie’s® balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium low heat; add onions, peppers and celery, and cook 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and tomato. Cook 2 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
- Add quinoa and 1½ cups water. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until quinoa has softened. If quinoa is soft but all liquid has not been absorbed, strain. Gently stir in ½ cup cheese.
- Place mushrooms on 13 x 9” rimmed baking sheet; brush with vinaigrette. Spoon quinoa into mushrooms. Sprinkle each mushroom with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are heated through.
1 Del Monte® Fruit Naturals® Cup
1 glass of Bolthouse Farms® premium juice
Make sure to let us know if you try this Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe – I know I can’t wait too 🙂