The folks at Produce for Kids emailed about a fabulous cause – The new Power Your Lunchbox Pledge by Produce for Kids®. It is running through September 15 and it encourages us parents to pack healthier lunchboxes for our kids this back-to-school season.
And since many of us are packing our lunches at the same time we are making lunches for the kids, I thought you guys would really enjoy this 5-Minute Green Bean Vinaigrette Salad recipe. In fact, I think it would make for a delicious side dish to any meal!
Make sure to head to poweryourlunchbox.com and pledge to pack healthier lunchboxes; get RD-approved, kid-friendly lunchbox ideas and tips; and download coupons from companies supporting the program.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 12 oz. bag of green beans, steamed
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked, chopped
- ¼ cup grated lowfat Parmesan cheese
- Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in large bowl until emulsified. Add green beans, bacon and vinaigrette until well coated. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve cold or warm.
- Assemble remaining ingredients into bento box.
● 1 whole wheat pita with 2 Tbsp. hummus
● ½ cup sliced apples with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
● Watermelon lime-infused water
Make sure to let us know if you try this 5-Minute Green Bean Vinaigrette Salad Recipe, we would love to hear your thoughts!