I am really excited to share this recipe with you guys today! I don’t know if there is a parent out there that doesn’t wish for a healthier version of chicken nuggets! Well, the fabulous folks at Produce for Kids have one for us! And the best part is that it doesn’t look too hard to make! I can’t wait to try them 🙂
- 1 lb. Eat Smart® cauliflower florets
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3 Tbsp. milk, divided
- ½ cup flour
- 3½ cups bran flakes, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower and 2 Tbsp. water in bowl. Cover loosely and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes at a time, for 5-6 minutes total, or until very tender.
- Place cauliflower, chicken and salt in food processor and pulse into very small pieces.
- Whisk 1 egg and 1 Tbsp. milk in small bowl. Add to food processor and puree until smooth. Mixture should be slightly damp but able to hold together when pressed. If too dry, add a drizzle of milk and puree.
- Put flour on one plate and bran flakes on another. Whisk together 2 eggs and 2 Tbsp. milk in small bowl.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp. cauliflower mixture and drop gently into flour. Roll around to coat, forming into a ball. Coat in egg mixture then bran flakes.
- Transfer ball to parchment-lined baking sheet and press down to flatten into a ¾-inch thick oval. Spray with baking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until nuggets begin to darken underneath. Flip and cook 10 minutes.
● 1 Del Monte® Fruit Naturals® cup
● A glass of Evolution Fresh® orange juice
● Carrot and celery sticks
Make sure to let us know if you try this Healthy Chicken Nuggets Recipe!